Sunday, February 13, 2011

Connecting in New Ways

I think it's time to explore new ways (for me!) of connecting with teachers. Many EY classrooms have their own blogs and it is time for me to get with the program.

What you have that I do not, is access to great kid photos and stories. That will definitely be hard to compete with, but I am sure I can come up with something (do not worry, it will not be to distribute my own school photos!
)

My first idea is to share some of the great books currently on my desk (book bag, bedside table...) in various categories:
  • Read and loved
  • Planning to Read
  • Professional books
  • Kids books
Most of this post will take the form of adding books to my Shelfari page. My shelf is now on the blog for you to see and I will add to it as new books come my way.

Thank you to the teachers (you know who you are!) who have introduced me to this website. I think it is a wonderful way to spread the word about book finds and I am sure that together we will learn even more ways to use it.


Thank you also to the teachers who send me great book titles. Of special interest recently, are picture books that provide a springboard for student writing.

From the teachers at Hampstead School have come:

Memoirs of a Goldfish,
Wallace's Lists and Spork



Thank you to Donwood School and the Curriculum Conversations group for I am the Dog, I am the Cat and a whole website of other mentor tex
ts

http://www.unr.edu/educ/nnwp/Mini_Lesson_of_the_Month_Club.html#archive

Happy reading and writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment